Check-in times have changed! Click here to see new times.
The 27th Annual Salty Dog Fishing Tournament will take place June 16-17, 2023. Details are as follows:
- Date: June 16-17, 2023
- Place: Aransas Pass Civic Center
- Early Entry fee:
- Non-Guided - $50 per fisherman.
- Guided - $200 per team.
- Late Entry: Non-Guided $60 after June 02, 2023.
PARTICIPANTS CAN ENTER IN EITHER NON-GUIDED OR GUIDED DIVISION. NOT BOTH.
Non-Guided Division (Individual Format)
|1st- 10th Place||1st- 3rd Place||Spot Pot||Stringer Scramble|
|Heaviest Speckled Trout||Heaviest Flounder||1st $500||1st $300/team member|
|Heaviest Redfish||Heaviest Black Drum||2nd $300||2nd $200/team member|
|Heaviest Speckled Trout Stringer||Heaviest Hardhead||3rd $200||3rd $100/team member|
|Heaviest Redfish Stringer|
Guided Division (4 Team Member Format)
|Heaviest Combined Trout/Red Stringer||1st- $1500||2nd- $1000||3rd- $600 (1 stringer per team)|
|Heaviest Speckled Trout||1st- $800||2nd- $600||3rd- $400 (1 heavy trout per team)|
|Heaviest Redfish||1st- $800||2nd- $600||3rd- $400 (1 heavy red per team)|
|Spot Pot||1st- $800||2nd- $600||3rd- $400|
Friday, June 16
- 5pm to 8pm: Check-in/Dinner at Aransas Pass Civic Center.
- 7pm: Updated Rules / Regulations and Stringer Scramble / Calcutta Bidding.
(Note: The Calcutta handicap bidding sheet will include team names, but will not include previous fish weight caught by contestant. Prior fish weight by contestants can be found, for the last four fishing tournaments, under the results tab on the Salty Dog website.)
Saturday, June 17
- 5:00am: fishing begins
- 3:00pm: weigh-in begins at Aransas Pass Civic Center, must obtain weigh ticket prior to 4:00pm to weigh your fish.
- 4:30pm: dinner will be at Aransas Pass Civic Center
- Awards presentation immediately after weigh-in results are verified.